www.trackincats.com Forum Index www.trackincats.com
Discussions about predatory cats.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cougardaville's Pictures From The Field Camera
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.trackincats.com Forum Index -> The Hunted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrtWhr
Tracker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoy seeing the pictures, when are you going to post more and how often do you plan to post? Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Sunday fox Reply with quote

The fox I saw Sunday was a red.

Bloodhound

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Pictures? Reply with quote

What do you like to see Question
perch
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can post.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Irish Reply with quote

All the red foxes around here disappeared...had an established den right across the street for years. Then they disappeared one year. I figured it was from the increased numbers of coytoes.
Another very neat animal that is all over suddenly are the Fishers. I watched one hunting for about an hour one morning. Ill do my best to get a cam up and working around here within the next few months...I have always wanted one anyway.
And as far as scent control Rox...try a pair of latex surgical gloves instead of leather, unless its cold. Rubber leaves virtually no scent behind.
As for wearing deer scents...Im guilty, but just think...when the video of me getting mauled by a deer emerges....everyone can say " I know him!"...and if it brings in a lion...hopefully I will still be able to fill out a sighting report....lol.
Cougardaville

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: field cam........ Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Don't wait to get your camera if you have the $$$ get it now, with all the weather changes this is the time for animals on the move Question

Idea Also, this is PRIME BREEDING SEASON for COUGARS, would'nt you like that picture Question They are on the move now Exclamation

Sighting reports are popping in again..........
Cougardaville

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Coyotes Reply with quote

Just got some new pictures of coyotes, at night Exclamation

I will post them soon........ Laughing
Yeta2
Tracker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: coyote Reply with quote

Great Pix...
Is that a hybrid?
never seen a coyote with that coloring!
Looks like a wolf cross
Bloodhounds
Expert Guide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: color Reply with quote

I have seen other pictures of coyotes that red color. They usually are the large type and weigh over 50 pounds. This could mean they have some of that Canadian red wolf blood in them. Go read the page at http://www.wildlifetech.com/pages/necoyote.htm
and read about the DNA studies.

Bloodhound
Cougardaville

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: link Reply with quote

Razz Thanks Bloodhoun, that is a great link "The Northeastern Coyote"
I got that one and it was so interesting, I printed all 17 pages of it, well worth it. I have passed it on other sites..........
dave

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: pix Reply with quote

When are you putting in some new pictures? These are Great to see.

So do you have a COUGAR picture?? You got every thing else.
Does it take alot of time to get these?
Cougardaville

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: pictures Reply with quote

Shocked dave.........The time it takes to get pictures can be consuming, what takes most of my time is deciding where to put my cameras. I have so many good spots to put them, that it is hard choosing. I work with 3 cameras right now. I am going to be purchashing more as soon as my budget allows Crying or Very sad

I also loan them to folks that have a cougar that they keep seeing on their property.

The answer to your question "do I have a picture of a COUGAR?" yes and so do many other people. I am working on a project now to gather these pictures and videos. Putting all the pictures together will show us many different cats and locations.
It takes people time to know me, and trust me when they share their pictures. I understand that. To do this study I need every ones help, we can't do it alone. Once people understand our goal they are more than happy to talk to us and share their evidence.
Also when we see other pictures, we ask the people to validate the location, so I do alot of hiking, then I photograph the same spot they got their picture.

It is sometimes long hours for us, but it has been very worth every minute. We have met some Awesome people Exclamation which is why sometimes I am not here as much as I should be, I am out meeting with people.

So again.......any one with pictures or video I want to hear from you, most people want to be kept confidential, and I do practice their wishes, which is why at this time, the pictures are not posted.

The day is coming you will see our collection. Idea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: new Reply with quote

anyone have any new pics, these are old, any new ones
Cougardaville

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: yes Reply with quote

Shocked They are back howling, got them located trying for pictures. they are not easy to get. What is your interest in coyotes Question

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: interested Reply with quote

I am very interested in both coyotes and wolves. I love seeing pictures of these coyotes and wolves. I find it amazing that coyotes and wolves are breeding together. It is amazing that they have not done a follow up story on the 100 lb wolf that was wild and killed the dog before it was killed. Why have they stopped talking about this? If was proven a wild wolf? I find that amazing that wolves are back or will be back in the adirondacks? Where is the best area to take pics of coyotes/and or wolves using a wounded rabbit call? Up in lake george area or the catskills?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.trackincats.com Forum Index -> The Hunted All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: