www.trackincats.com Forum Index www.trackincats.com
Discussions about predatory cats.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cougardaville's Pictures From The Field Camera
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.trackincats.com Forum Index -> The Hunted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perch
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Picture From The Field Camera Reply with quote

Last edited by perch on Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
perch
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Picture From The Field Camera Reply with quote

Last edited by perch on Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
perch
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Picture From The Field Camera Reply with quote

Last edited by perch on Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
perch
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Picture From The Field Camera Reply with quote

Last edited by perch on Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
perch
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Picture From The Field Camera Reply with quote

Last edited by perch on Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Pictures Very Happy Thanks for sharing Exclamation
Cougardaville

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Some of the clear pictures.... Reply with quote

Very Happy I hope you enjoy the pictures. This is what a field camera can do. Just post your camera to a tree, and let it be.

I have a few cameras, and I am waiting on a few more. Laughing

They take a little bit of patience, the first thing you want to do is go every day and look to see if you got pictures Rolling Eyes Question Question

Don't do that Exclamation , stay out of the area you a filming Arrow All animals detect the cameras are there, but get use to them. The reason I showed you these is so you can see them looking AT THE CAMERA. Therefore with wild life you don't need to be, in & out of the area every day leaving your HUMAN scent Exclamation

When placing a camera make sure it is an area animals are moving through, they need a food or water spot they are going to, or better yet an escape route. Exclamation

You can learn very much from these cameras, and when Looking for Cougars, and trying to get a picture, the opportunity of a picture seems to be a better chance than camera in hand.

***Also I use 35mm, I now always get a disk made for my computer, you will be very SURPRISED what you miss on the photo, but you will seeit on the disk, because you can ENLARGE on areas Exclamation

Any body else using cameras Question Question

Cougardaville

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Thank you........ Reply with quote

and your welcome, do you use cameras Question
more to come soon......... Laughing

Anonymous wrote:
Cool Pictures Very Happy Thanks for sharing Exclamation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: cat Reply with quote

Do you think that is a Bobcat? Do you have anymore pictures of that one?? It seems to not have any spots. I thought Bobcats had spots.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can tell it is a bobcat by the tufts of hair on the ears. The blonde is a nice looking dog, my friend shot one very much like it years ago while turkey hunting. I have never used a cam-trakker, but I think I may look into it. Very nice pictures....haven't seen a red fox around here for years. Had an up-close a personal visit with a beautiful gray one though. Have you ever heard of or used scent killer? Works very well for me on the bow stand...
Bloodhounds
Expert Guide

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: fox Reply with quote

Funny someone would mention Fox. I saw one Sunday evening trotting along the road at dusk in South Bethleham Smile

Bloodhound
Cougardaville

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: scent killer Reply with quote

Thanks....That bonde coyote was traveling with the other one I showed, I would like to atempt pictures of their pups, chances of that who knows, but i am trying.
The bob cat has a very ruff coat, again a pretty animal and a bit different. I have seen some that are UGLY FACED!

Yes I use scent killers, my cameras are treated and bagged when I carry them out and I use leather gloves, that I can function with, never do I remove my gloves when working. All my clothes are de-scented.
But since we are talking about this might I add, I worry about hunters that use Deer scents on themselves Exclamation Exclamation
Cougars hunt mostly by sight and sound but they do have noses Idea

Anonymous wrote:
You can tell it is a bobcat by the tufts of hair on the ears. The blonde is a nice looking dog, my friend shot one very much like it years ago while turkey hunting. I have never used a cam-trakker, but I think I may look into it. Very nice pictures....haven't seen a red fox around here for years. Had an up-close a personal visit with a beautiful gray one though. Have you ever heard of or used scent killer? Works very well for me on the bow stand...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Thankyou Reply with quote

Razz Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Bobcat Reply with quote

Laughing Yup thats a Bob Cat!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Fox Reply with quote

was it a red or gray fox Question Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.trackincats.com Forum Index -> The Hunted All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: